Create the Visualizations
You create Sheets to view your data model. Sheets can be saved to a Dashboard to be easily viewed with the click of a button. If you see an error message while adding columns and selecting visualizations, review the section Troubleshoot an Error.
The goal is to use the ATPTennis data model to visualize:
- Distribution of Top Rated Players by Country (Map)
- Relation of Height and Age to Player Rank (Line)
- Wins by Surface Type (Stacked Bar)
- Right vs Left-Handed Players (Pie)
- Matches Table (Derived Table Example)
- Player Round Wins (Parameter Example)
Create the first sheet:
- Open a new sheet:
- Start from the ATPTennisData Project. Select: Projects > ATPTennisData
- Open the ATPTennisData Dataset.
- Click Explore to launch a blank Sheet. Information about the Sheet is available from the drop down menu.
Dimensions are non-numeric columns (default), usually displayed directly or as the X-axis of a graph or a chart. Numeric columns are categorized as Measures (default) and can be aggregated using functions like Sum, Count, and Average. You can switch columns between Dimensions and Measures.
IN THIS PAGE