Distribution of Top Rated Players by Country
This visualization uses the CountryName dimension and Id measure from the Atp Players table. Filtering is based on the Ranking measure of the Atp Rankings Current table. The data is visualized as a gMap.
Add the Columns
- Expand the Atp Players table to view the columns.
- Click CountryName dimension. The column is added to the Table tab in the Visualization panel.
- Click on the Id measure. Note it defaults to Sum, which is not useful for an identifier field.
- Change the Id measure in the Definition panel from Sum to Count:
- Click Fetch to see the data:
Add the Filter
The data needs to be filtered for only the 10 top-ranked players.
- Click the Filter tab in the Definition panel.
- Click + Add Custom Filter.
- Enter atp_rankings_Current.Ranking <= 10
Note an alert appears showing the number of unsaved filters.
- Click Fetch to see the filtered data:
Visualize the Data
The gMap option is a nice way to visualize this data.
- Click the gMap tab in the Visualization panel. If you do not see the gMap tab, check your Tenant Customization.
- Click the Settings tab in the Definition panel.
- Click by CountryName and select Add as country.
- Click by Count Id and select Add as measure.
Your visualization is displayed:
Save your Sheet
- Click Save As.
- Enter a descriptive name.
- Click Save.
You can see the new sheet when you open My Space:
IN THIS PAGE