Connecting a Google Sheet
bipp brings the power of queries and visualizations to your Google Sheets files. Here are the requirements for the Google Sheets file:
- Maximum 256MB file size
- Maximum 1 million rows
- Maximum 1000 columns
- One or more sheets
Create a Google Sheets Datasource in bipp
Select Datasources from the Home Navigation pane to open the Datasources page.
Click New Datasource on the Datasources page.
Enter a Name. For example, TestGoogleSheets.
Select GoogleSheets for SQL Dialect for your database. bipp creates and enforces the rules for the selected dialect.
Enter the information for your Google Sheets file:
- GoogleSheetID: the ID follows gid= in the sheet URL.
- SheetName: is the name on the tab in the sheet.
- HeaderRange: the rows and columns containing the header information. For example, A1:Z1
- DataRange: the rows and columns containing the data. For example, A2:Z1000
- MajorDimension: select Rows or Columns for the dimension to use during visualizations.
- Credentials: click Choose File and navigate to the credentials file for the sheet. The credentials file must be set up through the Google API. Refer to Datasource Google Sheets Authorizing Access to Google Sheets.
Click Create to add the datasource.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Google Sheets datasource in bipp.
IN THIS PAGE
Sign up for a forever free account!
Connect to leading SQL databases
Build visual data models without learning a new language
Create two dashboards and ten reports for free