Connecting a Hive Database
Here is what you need to connect:
- Database connection information
Select Datasources from the Home Navigation pane to open the Datasources page.
Click New Datasource on the Datasources page.
Enter a Name. For example, TestHive.
Select Hive for SQL Dialect for your database. bipp creates and enforces the rules for the selected dialect.
Enter the information for your Hive database instance:
- Host: name or IP address of the database host.
- Port: port on the host for the connection.
- AuthMech: authentication mechanism to use for the connection:
- none: no authentication.
- plain: enter your plain Username and Password.
- LDAP: enter your LDAP Username and Password if your organization has set up LDAP directory authentication.
- DbName: name of the database for the connection.
Click Test to verify the datasource connectivity. If you have an error, fix the connection or credentials problem and click Test again.
Click Create to add the datasource.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Hive datasource in bipp.
IN THIS PAGE