Connecting a Teradata Database
Here is what you need to connect:
- Read-only user (Username field)
- Database connection information
bipp recommends using a read-only user for connecting to your Teradata databases.
On a Teradata command line or shell, enter:
CREATE USER bipp_db_user AS PERMANENT = <size> BYTES PASSWORD = 'Secret@123' GRANT SELECT ON your_database TO bipp_db_user;
USER, PERMANENT, and PASSWORD are all required attributes to create a user. Refer to the Teradata documentation for details.
Select Datasources from the Home Navigation pane to open the Datasources page.
Click New Datasource on the Datasources page.
Enter a Name. For example, TestTeradata.
Select Teradata for SQL Dialect for your database. bipp creates and enforces the rules for the selected dialect.
Enter the information for your Teradata database instance:
- DbcName: name or IP address of the database host.
- AuthMech: authentication method for the connection.
- TD2: authenticates using the database Username and Password.
- LDAP: authenticates by binding to the LDAP directory using the Username and Password. Refer to Setting Up LDAP Authentication to enable LDAP support on bipp.
- Username: user name for the connection. bipp recommends using a read-only user account.
- Password: password for the user.
- DbName: name of the database for the connection.
Click Test to verify the datasource connectivity. If you have an error, fix the connection or credentials problem and click Test again.
Click Create to add the datasource.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Teradata datasource in bipp.
IN THIS PAGE