Last updated with features released in February 2022 as v2.0
February 1, 2022
- Visual Data Modeling: You can now create data models without writing code. With a powerful point-and-click visual interface, you can build reusable data models that act as single sources of truth across your organization.
- Visual SQL Data Explorer (BETA): bipp’s latest interface makes SQL visual, letting you query or explore data and create and share charts in minutes, all without any programming. This feature is in BETA and is available to all customers.
- User Personas: bipp is now geared towards enabling data exploration and development out of the box for its customers. With User Personas, you can control your users' behavior in bipp by assigning them one of five roles: Viewer, Explorer, Developer, Admin, or Owner.
- Export Data to Google Sheets: In addition to downloading data into XLS and CSV formats, you can easily export results into Google Sheets via our API. This allows you to perform further data analysis and collaborate with others within Google Sheets.
- Dashboard Themes: The all-new Dark Theme has been launched on the platform for dashboards in addition to our original Light Theme.
- Improved Roles: New resource roles are focused on exploration and development. Now the roles on the projects, reports, dashboards and data sources also reflect the same.
- Dashboard Referencing: You can now easily create references to other dashboards using Dashboard Editor.
- Dashboard Alias: Define aliases directly from the dashboard UI itself. An alias lets you specify the relationship between columns of any two tables without joining those tables during data modeling.
- User Experience: UI improvements in the Data Viewer and Space home page make bipp even more intuitive.
September 26, 2021
- SQL Editor: One click access to the new SQL Editor enables you to easily write and run SQL Queries on any database available in your bipp platform from wherever you happen to be in bipp.
- SQL Report: Ready, set, report! Open the new SQL Report feature, write your query, save it as a chart and add it to a Dashboard.
- Data Model Validation: Identify and fix your errors in the editor before committing them in your data model. You validate your data model with the click of a button. Errors are displayed in the new Error pane, showing the File name, Line number and a description of the Error. Once your data model is validated, you are good to commit your changes.
- Spaces: Spaces are now the organizer for all of your resources: Dashboards, Reports, SQL reports, Explore Data, and Projects, making it easier for you to group and locate the resources you need. Every user has their own My Space and Shared with me space. Users can create new spaces as needed. Spaces and resources can be shared with users and/or groups for custom access control.
- Dashboard Editing: Multiple user interface enhancements make Dashboard editing even easier. Edit tiles, text and settings within the Dashboard editor.
- Data Viewer:
- Streamlined the tabs: Data and Settings tabs are now in a single Settings tab. The selected values are used to Fetch the data.
- Added new Visualization popup settings (Gear icon) to control the visual settings without requiring the data to be fetched each time a setting is changed.
- Columns are divided into different sections (accordions). You can drag them between sections.
- Consistent tooltips across all visualizations.
- Pivot and Order by sections are only available for Table visualizations.
- Bar visualizations with multiple dimensions are stacked instead of overlapped.
- Added presets to Label settings.
- Pricing: Billing Frequency has been added to the Premium Subscription by Customer request, providing a new Monthly subscription billing option.
July 22, 2021
- Getting Started with bipp: Creating your forever free bipp account is streamlined to get you up and running quickly. Building your profile, connecting your database, creating a project, and selecting data tables are all part of the new onboarding process. When complete, you have your data at your fingertips, ready to visualize!
- Embedded Analytics: Integrate your analytical content and functionality to provide customized data insights for different audiences. bipp Enterprise customers can embed interactive visualizations in their applications using the new bipp SDK. Adding filtering and security gives them full control over who can see their data.
- Data Level Security (BETA): You asked, we listened. RLS/CLS Data Security is available for your bipp projects. Data level security restricts access to rows and columns based on the user identity. This ensures users only see what they are authorized to view. This beta feature is available to bipp Enterprise customers.
- Dashboard Editing: Add visualizations with a single click, drag and drop containers and tiles, and resize tiles to best present the data in your dashboard.
- Dashboard Filtering: Parameters defined in your project can be used as filters in your dashboard, giving you even more options when visualizing your data.
- Data Viewer: New color palettes ensure your dashboards look professional and enhance readability and data presentation.
- User Experience: Interface enhancements throughout the bipp platform make it even easier to get your job done.
March 20, 2021
- Addons: Customize your bipp pricing to meet your needs. Pay for only the extra features you add on to the base bipp product.
- Google Sheets Integration: Use your Google Sheets as a Datasource to analyze your Sheets data.
- Alerts and Scheduled Reports: Improvements to the Alerts and Scheduled Reports ensure they are executed accurately and on time.
- Spaces View: Enhancements to the Spaces Navigation pane make it easier to see your resources with the new collapse/expand capability.
- Loaders: Enhancements to the Loaders include interaction with other Loaders for a richer experience, and better positioning on the page.
- Notifications: Enhancements include a clean visual presentation, and improved abilities to collapse, expand, and merge Notifications based on content.
December 24, 2020
- Bar graph: Included the ability to pass any selected dimension in any channel (not just the x and y-axis columns)
- Clear All button: This is now part of the Schedule Report dialog
- Bar graph: Added the ability to rotate, change font size and character length for the x-axis label
- Bar graph: Sort icon added to the Grid chart on the Measure Pane
- Branch mode: ‘Development or Production’ column has been included on the Dataset Listing page
- Grid Chart: Added the option to customize the Grand row and Grand column totals
- Grid Chart: Bar width is now consistent after filtering
- Treemap Visualization: Configure color range option has been included
- Group Owner can link a Security (Active Directory) group with a user group
- Horizontal Bar chart: Data Labels no longer overlap with the scrollbar on the dashboard