Create the Visualizations
You create Sheets to view your data model. Sheets can be saved to a Dashboard to be easily viewed with the click of a button. If you see an error message while adding columns and selecting visualizations, review the section Troubleshoot an Error.
The goal is to use the ATPTennis data model to visualize:
- Distribution of Top Rated Players by Country (Map)
- Relation of Height and Age to Player Rank (Line)
- Wins by Surface Type (Stacked Bar)
- Right vs Left-Handed Players (Pie)
- Matches Table (Derived Table Example)
- Player Round Wins (Parameter Example)
Create the first sheet:
- Start from the ATPTennisData Project. Select: Projects > ATPTennisData
- Open the ATPTennisData Dataset.
- Click Explore to launch a blank Sheet. Information about the Sheet is available from the drop down menu.
The Navigation pane lists the tables in your project. Expand a table to see the Dimensions and Measures.
Dimensions are non-numeric columns (default), usually displayed directly or as the X-axis of a graph or a chart. Numeric columns are categorized as Measures (default) and can be aggregated using functions like Sum, Count and Average. You can switch columns between Dimensions and Measures.
As you select items, the Visualization pane displays your selections.
The Definition pane is on the right. There are tabs for Data operations, Filters and Settings.
IN THIS PAGE